Sunday, May 2, 2010

...i want to get out....


Happy Sunday everyone! Today is my last day of work and then i am on vacation! woo hoo! I can't wait to get caught up on my crafting!

For today's challenge on the Corrosive Challenge blog the theme is birthdays! Why you ask? Because my birthday is coming up:) lol

For my card today i was asked to make a birthday card for a fellow metal head, of course i said yes, these are my fave cards to make:) Shane's fave band is Helloween so i did some searching online for Helloween pictures. Funny story...i found this pumpkin and printed it out...but...i am running very low on ink. So this poor pumpkin came out pink!! Yikes not very metal! So i got out my trusty copics and did some colouring! :) I think it turned out awesome! I like when screw ups turn out awesome! lol (am i babbling...sorry!)

Anyway...I need to give some credit...i was inspired by THIS card but i didn't have all the same supplies so i had to improvise. I used my circle nesties because i wanted it too look like a moon...but it really doesn't! Looks more like a sun. I sponged it with summer sun, pumpkin pie and some real red.

My sentiment is from The Little Paper Shop it came in a set with a skull, guitar, etc. I love the lettering, its so metal ;)

My paper is Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, and SU dsp (i think its 5th ave or something, there are flowers on the other side).

I used an Ek Success punch and some SU ric rac. I also found this cool spider web charm with a spider on it. I really need more charms, i love them!!

Well that is it for me! Be sure to check out the Corrosive Challenge Blog for a new prize, a winner from last month and of course the amazing DT cards!! :)

HUGS!

3 comments:

  1. Have a fabulous time on vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I can't believe it started out pink! Hope you enjoy your vacation and have a super birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you really did an awesome job with this card. Your research really paid off.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, thanks for stopping by, have a corrosive day:)
hugs