Friday, April 3, 2009

Making Christmas Cards:)






This was the last card i made at Karens! The layout is a Karen original!! Isn't it great???




So for this card i used My Minds Eye Snow Funflakes paper. The base is PTI layers with kiwi Kiss. I put a peice of Baja Breeze through the snowflakes Cuttlebug folder for the botton. I tied some white polka dot ribbon with a layer of Lake ribbon (from the paper source) and tied it up.

I coloured the scarf, legs, snow and snowman nose with copics. The rest is paper peiced! (i know WWKD!!).





I cut out the matching paper with a nestie and just cut the image free hand.
The snowman was coloured with a gelly roll pen and then fun flocked on top:) Fun flock sure is fun!! I love the effect it has too! I used some Liquid Applicate for the boots and the bottom of the coat:)
I finished off the card with the martha stewart snowflake punch with a bella dot on top. I also used some smaller bella dots as well. This was my first attempt at a banner...Karen's are much better!! I will get it with practice:)
Well that is all my cards from Karen's!! It was a lot of fun for sure!! :) Now lets see how i do at taking pictures!!
HUGS!

8 comments:

  1. I love this card too Janet. The image is one of my fave MFT images. There's lots of great detail here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you getting all clever. The difference in your pictures is amazing. You need to tell me how you made your studio. And the pic of the copics. Hmmhmmm. You go girl. Oh and btw. This card is to die for fabulous! Rock on my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible!!! You're getting quite intricate, if I do say so myself! You do some amazing work...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute! I used fun flock once,it really has a cool effect indeed! You did an excellent job Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that's awesome I want some fun flock that looks a really cool effect

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I love the papers you used.
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it weird to make Xmas cards in April ;-). I have joined a Christmas card all around the year-group on Papercraft Planet, in order to avoid all the stress with Xmas cards in Nov./December, but so far I couldn't get started ;-).
    Love your card! The MFT image is great and so are the colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, thanks for stopping by, have a corrosive day:)
hugs